Monday 8 September 2014

Saturday 6 September 2014 - Ponza

For the first time in several days we can have a lie in.  We haven’t decided what to do today.  It will depend on the weather.  If it is settled and not windy we may go to one of the anchorages.  Otherwise, we will stay here.  When we finally get up (9:00am) I go off in to town searching for something for breakfast.  Very strange,  the place has changed since last night.  They have whitewashed all the streets!  

Richard looks up the weather and finds that there is due to be strong winds tonight, so decides we will stay put.  Another bouncy night in store.  I am unhappy about the motion, so I take a seasick pill, just in case.  I get Richard to sort out breakfast.  Finally I am getting used to the motion, so maybe I am getting my sea legs.

After a very leisurely breakfast we have a walk into the town again.  We saw most of the town next to the sea last night, so instead we walk up the hill.  There is nothing much there except lots of holiday homes, all very cute, but it sure is a climb to get there.  We eventually stop for a coffee and then buy bread to make lunch on board.


By rights I should be cooking on board tonight, but we have decided to eat out in another recommended restaurant (though no star).  We have a very interesting meal, with some unusual dishes like Soba noodles with a vongole sauce!  Back to the rocky boat and to bed.  We are both beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment